A well designed accessible bathroom is unquestionably a great asset to those who suffer from mobility issues in Cobb County. To be able to maneuver with ease through the potential hazards and challenges of a bathroom setting is certainly not something to be taken for granted. So how does one decide which aging in place bathroom design is the best?
Accessible bathrooms can provide a number of specific areas of help. Grab bars are inexpensive and easy to install and offer instant stability and support. Non-slip shower and bathroom surfaces give extra traction to prevent falls.
Some of the additional aging in place bathroom design tips for Cobb County homes include:
- Hand held showers and a variety of tub benches give the user control and greater security during use.
- A roll-in shower makes moving from a wheelchair to the shower a seamless transition.
- Walk-in bathtubs have a low step entry into a luxurious therapeutic bathing experience.
- Door enlargement provides ample room for a wheelchair to pass through.
- Roll-under sinks allow for knee clearance and insulate from potentially hot pipes fixtures.
- Accessible toilets come in different heights to match the specific needs of the user.
Enjoy the confidence of greater safety in moving around your Cobb County home by choosing an aging in place bathroom design suited to your specific needs. For additional information, or a free in home assessment for accessible bathroom remodeling needs, please contact Atlanta Home Modifications via the contact form below, or by telephone at 770.880.3405.
1. Best Aging in Place Bathroom Design for Atlanta Homes
2. Aging in Place Bathroom Design Tips for Fulton, Gwinnett, DeKalb and Cobb County Residents
3. Aging in Place Design Strategies for the Accessible Atlanta Bathroom
4. Aging In Place Design = Wise Investments + Aging With Dignity
5. Aging-In-Place Design for Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Dunwoody, Buckhead and Marietta Homes