Accessible bathrooms are designed to enhance the comfort and enjoyment of any elderly individual, or person with a disability, who wishes to live independently in his own home. When considering upgrading a bathroom, how does one decide which is the best choice, a walk-in bathtub or an accessible shower?
- An average 4” step into the tub, which is much more convenient than a standard tub
- Comfortable, accessible seat
- Deep muscle hydrotherapy, great for home rehab programs
- Non-slip floor and seat surface
Accessible showers are much safer and highly recommended for those who are more restricted in their mobility. These are characterized by:
- Shower floor at the same level as that of the bathroom
- Curb-less showers to allow smooth, safe transfer from wheelchair or walker to shower chair
- Generous sizing to accommodate users who require assistance
- Slip-proof textured base
Given these distinguishing features, your choice of a walk-in bathtub or accessible shower is largely dependent on the abilities of the primary user.
Americanstandard-us.com for example, has designed walk-in tubs that “… incorporate the therapeutic benefits and luxury of a whirlpool tub, with the safety, accessibility and simplicity of a walk-in bath. Perfect for those with limited mobility who wish to enjoy the freedom of living comfortably at home.” A well designed, accessible bathroom will be a great experience for the independent Atlanta or north Georgia homeowner!
Contact Atlanta Home Modifications
For additional information regarding walk-in tubs and accessible showers in the Atlanta metro area and north Georgia, please contact Atlanta Home Modifications by telephone at 770 880 3405.