Are you an Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Dunwoody, Buckhead or Marietta homeowner planning a bathroom remodel that will last a lifetime? Aging-in-place and universal design 55+ design principles when applied correctly to a new bathroom design, will make your bathroom accessible today, and tomorrow, as well!
Here are the primary bathroom aging-in-place design strategies:
- A wide bathroom doorway and adjacent hallway with 60” turning radius at the end of the hall;
- Accessible bathroom fixtures with grab bars and roll-in shower or walk-in bathtub;
- Lever handles on doors and faucets, and rocker panel light switches;
- Remote lock and unlocking door hardware.
The main Universal design features for the home include:
- Level access to at least one exterior door;
- One bedroom and one bath on the main level;
- Wide doorways and hallways to move easily from room to room;
- Accessible bathroom facilities on the main floor;
- Extra floor space for roominess, and wheelchair freedom;
- Stacked closets for future residential home elevators.
Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC offers accessibility expertise, certified aging-in-place specialization and home modifications experience to assist you with the selection and installation of a new Ella’s Walk-In Tub for your home, EZ-Access aluminum ramps, and Bruno, Sterling and Savaria Stair Lifts.
Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC provides accessible stair lifts, wheelchair platform lifts, wood and metal ramps, roll-in showers and roll-under sinks for homeowners in North Georgia Communities including Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Dunwoody, Buckhead and Marietta.
Contact the Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist at Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC for a complimentary home assessment by calling 770.880.3405, or by email at Info@AtlantaHomeMods.com. Visit the Atlanta Home Mods website for more information about how to apply aging-in-place accessibility design strategies to your Atlanta, Lawrenceville, Dunwoody, Buckhead or Marietta Home.