Increasing numbers of disabled and elderly Atlanta residents are opting to remain independent by remodeling their existing home, thereby taking advantage of the many wonderful aging in place bathroom designs which create safe, accessible and functional space.
Some notable features of aging in place bathroom designs include the following:
- Grab bars, both horizontal and vertical, are often the first mobility tool implemented. They are practical, easy to install and add a great deal of reassurance concerning bathroom safety.
- Roll-under and wall-mounted sinks provide easy access for wheelchair users, and offer such benefits as insulated pipes and hot-and-cold water moderation options.
- Accessible toilets come in a variety of heights and styles, to make use much simpler and safer.
- Doorway widening is also immensely practical, as this allows a wheelchair or scooter to glide easily, without bumps and potential hazards, in and out of the bathroom entryway. This is either accomplished through the removal of the door and enlargement of the door frame itself, or by putting an offset hinge on the existing door to facilitate more space.
If you are trying to determine the best aging in place bathroom design option for your Atlanta home, contact Atlanta Home Modifications for an in-home assessment today, via the contact form below or by telephone to 770.880.3405.
Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC sponsors websites on a variety of subjects including:
- Stair and Platform Wheelchair Lifts Atlanta-Stair-Lifts.com
- Grab Bars for Bathrooms GrabBarsAtlanta.com
- Wheelchair Ramps for Homes WheelchairRampsforHomes.com
- Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC AtlantaHomeMods.com