Are you a senior 55+, elderly or person with disabilities desiring to remain living in your Atlanta home longer, in spite of mobility challenges? The Georgia Department of Human Services offers community based services to assist people in need, and some of the services include home modifications. The following is quoted from the GA Dept. of Human Services Division of Aging Services website, the 2008 – 2011 State Plan stated:
“The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program makes available a variety of services to individual consumers, and to groups of consumers, to support and assist older Georgians ( and their caregivers, when present) in maintaining their independence in their homes and communities These services support older persons and their families in living longer, living safely and living well. In SFY 2006, 36,793 individual older adults, including caregivers, received one or more HCB individual services.”
The Division of Aging Services, along with Area Agencies on Aging, offer support and services to infirm elderly and their care givers, including home modifications.
According to the 2008 – 2011 plan, one of the future areas of emphasis for the community based services is to provide additional home modifications and assistive devices to promote independence. Non-Medicaid Home and Community Based Services focus on solutions to help older Georgians live with safety and independence in their own homes.
For additional information about funding assistive technology and disability home modifications such as ramps and stair lifts, visit the Funding Resources page at Atlanta Home Modifications, LLC, — an Atlanta based accessibilty design and installation company.
- What is the Assistive Technology Act and How Has It Impacted Learning? (specialeducation.answers.com)
- The CareGiver Partnership Again Turns Customer Research into Service… (prweb.com)
- Just How Valuable Is Family Caregiving? (aarp.org)
- Caring for Elderly Parents: Caregiver Assistance (wtvy.com)
- The Right Straight Stairlift for Your Atlanta Home? (atlantastairlifts.wordpress.com)
- Indoor and Outdoor Straight and Curved Stair Lifts Help Atlanta Residents With Disabilities (atlantastairlifts.wordpress.com)